Saturday, February 21, 2009

Back to work, back to work...

Well, this past week I went back to my job after 10 weeks and Grant went to day care. The first few days were rough, but this is our life now. It's hard to imagine someone else spending most of the day with Grant so we are trying to make the most of the evenings we have together. I find myself not coming home and turning on the TV (life before baby) and getting on the floor in Grant's room playing with him. He is really becoming more aware of his surroundings which is fun to watch. He is sleeping till about 5:30 in the morning which helps me get some good sleep. I have time to take another small nap after I feed him before I have to get ready for work. I am going in to work at 9 for a while until I get a routine that gets me to work by 8. My boss is ok with that so I will continue to do that probably through March.
Other things that are going on...We went to Kansas City for a friend's wedding. It was a lot of fun because we got to see some old friends. We shopped and had a great time visiting with everyone. Grant also had his first dance at the wedding. He loved it or I guess he did because it did not make him fussy. He also joined the conga line when it went by. All the "firsts" are so much fun with him. My friends that have kids have told me that, but until you get to experience it with your own, it's hard to understand the joy.




1 comment:

Beth said...

Kacey, he's so cute! I'm glad you're adjusting well. Matt & I wish we could have been at the KC wedding, but it wasn't to be. Miss you guys...